Intravenous sedation is a completely safe technique which brings patient comfort to unparalleled levels. We use a sedative (midazolam) which makes you snooze through your dental appointment, even though you are not technically asleep. On awakening you will have little or memory of the treatment, smells, and or sounds from the appointment.
With sedation, you will find that your treatment is performed more comfortably than you might ever have thought possible. Our sedation is carried out by a qualified Medical practitioner who will continually monitor you while the dental treatment is carried out.
Sedation is especially useful for adult patients who:
- Have high anxiety about dental visits
- Have had traumatic dental experiences in the past
- Are receiving complex treatments/surgery
- Have a strong gag reflex.
- Cannot tolerate the noises, sensations and smells associated with the dentist.
- Are afraid of needles in the mouth (also see ‘wand pain free analgesia’)
If you feel that you could benefit from sedation feel free to schedule a consultation and we will be happy to discuss your options further and answer any questions you may have. At this time we will review your medical history to confirm that you are eligible for treatment under sedation..