Our smile is one of the first things people notice about us. Whitening is one of the safest and most cost effective cosmetic improvements thus it is not surprising it is becoming so popular.
Dental Sense is pleased to be able to offer three solutions to gaining a brighter, whiter, more vibrant smile. Following clinical examination of your teeth our dentists will be able to provide advice and assess the suitability of these treatments for your teeth
Why have my teeth discoloured
Teeth naturally become more yellow as we age, but other factors can also cause yellowing and staining. Tea, coffee, red wine, certain foods and of course smoking all contribute to the build up of stains, some medications may also cause discolouration. But with professional tooth whitening it’s possible for most people to achieve a whiter, brighter smile very simply and cost effectively.
What can we offer you
- Home Bleaching - The most common and predictable way to whiten your teeth. The whitening gel is applied in custom made trays fabricated from moulds taken of the teeth. The whitening is usually carried out at your leisure at home, on the way to or even at work
- In Office (Power) Whitening – As an alternative or adjunct to home bleaching. Home bleaching works very well for most although for some wearing the bleaching trays at night is uncomfortable and seen as a hassle. For others it can be used to produce a deeper level of bleaching more effectively and quickly. Special whitening gels are applied to the teeth and activated with a light to give you impressive results up to 8 shades lighter in an hour all while you sit back and relax watching TV, a DVD or listening to music of your choice.
- Power Plus Bleaching – The best way to achieve and maintain a dazzling smile. This technique uses a combination of both Home and our In-office bleaching system to get deeper into the tooth and produce a more profound and lasting colour change.
Does it hurt?
Our products and techniques will ensure your maximum safety. The only common side effect is transient sensitivity to hot and cold during the course of the treatment. However this can be treated by simply using a de-sensitising toothpaste.
How long does it last?
After whitening, teeth usually maintain their brighter shade for many years but of course, the effects do vary from individual to individual and will be influenced by diet, smoking, tea, coffee and red wine consumption. We advise patients to top up their bleaching once a year to ensure that dazzling smile at all times
Can anyone have whitening?
There are very few cases where teeth whitening cannot be performed predictably. In addition it is important to note that crowns, veneers or other restorations will not change colour and thus may have to be replaced post whitening. Your dentist will discuss this with you before you start treatment.
Over the counter products
Whitening toothpastes can remove superficial stains but can’t change the colour of your teeth. Other products like whitening strips and off the shelf trays may give slight changes in colour but they’re not as effective as professional treatments
With new tooth whitening techniques everybody can enjoy a brighter, whiter smile, just in time that all-important Birthday, Wedding or even Job interview. Our procedures are carefully administered and closely monitored by trained professionals to ensure your safety. We advise you to be cautious about alternative, cheaper, over the counter/internet type systems, which can be attractive financially.
Why Choose Dental Sense?
- Competitive Prices (will match any UK quote)
- Over 400 Power Whitenings & 1,300 Home Teeth Whitening cases carried out by our highly experienced dentists
- Weekend & Late Evening Appointments Available Free Tooth Whitening Consultation
- Free Parking Available
- Only Professional Products used with Custom Made Trays